2.1

First the normal questions:

  1. I did read the entire section. The hardest part was figuring out where some of the inequalities at the start came from (still don't know on some of them) and also following the proof for Stirlings approximation, which is just going to take some more intense reading/walkthrough on my part.
  2. This is honestly one of the hardest ones I've had yet to relate to another class. I also don't quite see the application of the approximation, although I'm sure it'll become apparent with more time.
The question on the reading assignments page on Dr. Jenkins site:
  • I spend anywhere from 1 1/2-3 hours on the homework depending on the assignment. Lectures and reading ABSOLUTELY prepare me for it - I also feel pointed in the right direction when I start.
  • The homeworks have probably contributed the most to my learning. They require lots of thinking/pondering and to "get dirty" and actually play around with some of the math.
  • Maybe trying to understand the readings more thoroughly before class, because sometimes some of them go right over my head.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

1.9

3.1

1.3