5.4


  1. I did read the entire section. I think the hardest part was just the speed that they cruised through everything. I hadn't really gotten a grasp on what a random variable is or what it is used for, then they rushed right into "X=a", probability mass functions, expectations and variance. I've kinda got a jist of what they all are, but not a super great idea. I'm sure a more detailed overview will solidify everything for me.
  2. This section reminds me why I've always intentionally/unintentionally avoided probability! We did some basic counting in high school math, didn't like it much and didn't find it very intuitive, and have basically avoided stats since. The Stats 121 class I took wasn't too bad, so I was getting more comfortable, and now we've dived headfirst into all the unintuitiveness! It'll be good for me though, so I'm doing my best to keep up with it.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

1.9

3.1

1.3